ROTARY CLUB OF ARDEN-ARCADE
Committee – Steve Turner, Danny Curtola and Jenny Davini
1. General operations (operating expenses)
2. Special events and/or sponsorships
GRANT APPLICATION PROCEDURES
- Have an active Rotary Club of Arden-Arcade member who will serve as an advocate/sponsor of the grant Understand that failure to fully complete grant application instructions may result in rejection for due diligence and award consideration
- Be submitted using the approved application form, including the required documentation of charitable status and other documents requested in the application instructions
- Have an assigned contact person available to respond to the committee’s due diligence activities
- Agree, if notified of a grant award, to send representative to a mutually agreed upon Rotary Club of Arden Arcade meeting (Piatti Restaurant –Tuesdays at 12 Noon) to participate in a check presentation before our club’s Rotarians
SUCCESSFUL GRANT APPLICATION EXAMPLES
The Rotary Club of Arden Arcade’s Community Grant Program is designed to assist the club in awarding Community Grants from the Club’s 501(c)3 Foundation in a consistent and transparent manner. It’s secondary goal is to engage with our community groups to increase the visibility and effectiveness of Rotary Clubs.
The following ideas were able to be funded by our Foundation Grants process in the past and are examples of successful application ideas.
- “Working Shoes” cache for high school students in local school program for at-risk kids in a culinary program.
- Mobile skateboarding park project for local schools and targeting at-risk youth.
- Pay for 2 Teen Interns to support local library with summer reading program
- Support prizes for American River College Math Bee Competition
- Upgrade Social Studies video library at local high school